As this Gospel is proclaimed, let us imagine ourselves at that well where the Lord Jesus uncovered the woman’s sinfulness. Let us be aware of our own sins and the Lord’s desire to free us from those sins. We continue to journey towards Calvary where Jesus takes upon himself the sins of the world. Let us place our trust in the well-spring of eternal life…Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Here are some ways to keep focused on this, the Third Week of the Holy Lenten Season:
1. Pray for the Church and the special intentions of Pope Benedict
2. Pray for the Diocese of Norwich and our shepherd Bishop Michael
3. Consider volunteering at a local ministry for the poor and the
4. Pray a Rosary for Vocations to the Priesthood and for all
5. Meditate on the sufferings of Jesus as he was crowned with thorns.
6. Examine your conscience and pray the Act of Contrition, and go to
7. Add something to your Lenten Rice Bowl assisting Catholic Relief
8. Visit a sick friend, neighbor, or shut in.
9. Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy daily at 3:00 PM for the dying.
10. Give thanks to God today for the gift of our Holy Faith.
My dear friends, we journey to the well and there discover that Jesus Christ is the living water that quenches every thirst. As your Lenten days continue, look to Christ to be the way that leads to freedom from sin. Be assured this week of our love, care, and prayerful support.
Blessed Lenten Days!